Top 5 Benefits of Fleet Maintenance Outsourcing
At some point, organizations must make a critical decision: whether to perform in-house vehicle maintenance, hire an outside vendor to manage the work, or perhaps combine the two for a blended solution. Not such an easy question to answer, considering the wrong choice can lead to major problems over time for the organization. No pressure, right?
Keeping your fleet in peak condition is a goal for most businesses, but executing that goal can be challenging and stressful. However, choosing to outsource your fleet maintenance program can have long-term cost benefits, reduce your risks and make your life easier.
Consider how these five benefits of outsourcing would bring improvements to your fleet operations:
1. Quality Technicians: Continuous training and managing technicians is extremely important. This ensures a job is done right the first time, eliminating costly repeats and break downs. Amerit invests heavily in developing quality individuals to contribute to the success of your fleet.
2. Reduced Downtime: Work shifts should be scheduled around your routine downtimes. If vehicles are available during the night, Amerit’s technicians work on them at that time. If you have a remote location, we eliminate the need to take the vehicle offsite by sending a Mobile Service Center out to you.
3. Responsiveness: If you require rapid flexibility in size and breath of workforce to tackle peak periods or special projects with confidence, you’re in luck. With Amerit’s team of professional recruiters, you can flex up to meet increasing demands, saving you time and money.
4. Risks Mitigated: Let’s face it, garages are dangerous places. When operating your own maintenance facility, your company assumes tremendous risks to vehicles, technicians and drivers. Outsourcing to Amerit will allow you to reduce your exposure to these risks, and the savings can be substantial.
5. Buying Power: And finally, Amerit brings the benefit of our nationwide buying power to our client’s, delivering savings on parts, fluids and other costly items.
What’s best for you?
Running a maintenance shop can be a lot to handle, and costs can quickly spiral out of control. You don’t have to handle everything on your own. Choosing Amerit as your outsourced maintenance provider in one location or across the country can save you time, money and a lot of headaches.
If you would like to learn more about how our fleet management solutions can help your company, contact us today- (855) 832-9922